Published on January 29th, 2012 | by webadmin0
2011 SACE Results
Success attained through personal best.
Once again, St Peter’s College congratulates the 117 Year 12 students who undertook the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) this year, with every boy being awarded his SACE, receiving an ATAR and therefore eligible to undertake tertiary studies.
“This cohort of boys will no doubt be thrilled with the outcome that depicts the hard work and dedication to their studies.” said St Peter’s College Headmaster, Mr Simon Murray.
In particular, two students, Ayden Aba and Tim Holmes, gained an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of 99.9. Ayden and Tim both received three merits each. George O’Connor gained an ATAR of 99.8 and three merits.
A summary of the main outcomes is detailed below:
• Average ATAR of 83.22 with an Median of 85.45
• 7 students (6%) gained an ATAR of 99 and above
• 12 students (10%) gained an ATAR of 98 and above
• 24 students (21%) gained an ATAR of 95 and above
• 46 students (39%) gained an ATAR of 90 and above
• 77 students (66%) gained an ATAR of 80 and above
• 34% of all grades were A (compared to a State average of 20%)
• 82% of all grades were A or B (compared to a State average of 55%)
• 99% of all grades were A, B or C (compared to a State average of 85%)
• 27 merits were awarded
“These results depicts the tremendous effort of the boys and their hard work and dedication have seen them achieve their personal best.”
“I hope and fully expect, these terrific young men to contribute greatly to the wider community and whose future endeavours will fulfil their lives as they become good fathers, husbands and global citizens.”
“It is also important to acknowledge and thank our staff who have provided each boy with a great deal of support and guidance throughout the year” Mr Murray added.
Download the Media Release here.