Published on January 4th, 2015 | by St Peter's College0
2014 Year 12 International Baccalaureate Results
4 January 2015
Dear members of our Community
This morning the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results were released and I am thrilled to share with you these exceptional results.
The overall performance of the forty-one (41) Year 12 students who undertook the IB Diploma was outstanding. Eight students gained forty or more points out of a possible 45, and two students, Henry Materne-Smith and Anthony Ricci, gaining the maximum 45, resulting in an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 99.95 – the highest possible result. In addition, Alasdair McCall, Harrison Nienaber and Peter Robertson were awarded ATARs of 99.95 for their IB scores of 43, 43 and 44 respectively.
A summary is detailed below:
• 51 Merits were awarded, which is a perfect score of 7.
• The average score out of a possible 45 was 35.3, which was an average ATAR of 95.15. This compares very favourably with an international average for IB students of 29.94.
• 21% of all grades were a 7.
• 54% of all grades were a 6 or 7.
• 81% of all grades were a 5, 6 or 7.
• Of the forty-one students:
o 5 (12%) students gained an ATAR of 99.95
o 7 (17%) students gained an ATAR of 99 and above
o 12 (29%) students gained an ATAR of 98 and above
o 21 (51%) students gained an ATAR of 95 and above
o 31 (76%) students gained an ATAR of 90 and above
These results reflect the outstanding effort shown by all our boys, and are testament to their hard work and that of their teachers.
I know that you will join me in congratulating these IB students, and will share in my pride in their achievements.