Published on February 24th, 2017 | by St Peter's College0
Public lecture series at St Peter’s College – seven inspirational and renowned speakers to challenge our thinking
St Peter’s College is delighted to host seven inspiring and renowned speakers for a series of public lectures as part of its Rex J Lipman Fellows Program.
Established in 2011, the Rex J Lipman Fellows Program has inspired and challenged thousands of South Australians and St Peter’s College has been delighted to host some of the world’s leaders and commentators on contemporary issues including psychology, service, neuroscience and wellbeing.
The series will start on 15 March 2017 with internationally acclaimed best-selling author and executive coach, Caroline Adams Miller MAPP.
For almost three decades Caroline has been a pioneer with her ground-breaking work in goal setting, accomplishment, grit, happiness and success. She is one of the world’s leading experts in positive psychology and how it can be applied for maximum transformation and growth. She has written six books, including the bestselling ‘My Name is Caroline’ and the sequel ‘Positively Caroline’.
“Caroline is a world leader in understanding the science and psychology behind grit, perseverance and resilience. Join us for what will be a fascinating and enlightening insight into this important field of work,” said Simon Murray, Headmaster of St Peter’s College.
The other speakers are:
Benson Igua Saulo
5 April 2017
• Group Indigenous Opportunities Manager, Australian Unity
• Founding Director, National Indigenous Youth Leadership Academy
Professor Ian Hickie AM
17 May 2017
• Co-Director Health and Policy, Brain and Mind Centre, University of Sydney
• Commissioner, National Mental Health Commission
14 June 2017
• Master of St Mark’s College (University of Adelaide)
• President, University Colleges Australia
Tania de Jong AM
20 September 2017
• Acclaimed Australian soprano, award-winning social entrepreneur
• Founder Creative Universe
• Creativity Australia, Music Theatre Australia, Pot-Pourri,
• The Song Room and Founder and Executive Producer of Creative Innovation Global
26 September 2017
• Executive Director – Space Engineering
• School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering
• University of Sydney
Professor John Hattie ONZM
25 October 2017
• Laureate Professor
• Director of the Melbourne Education Research Institute, University of Melbourne
• Chair, Board of the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership
• Associate Director of the ARC-SRI: Science of Learning Research Centre
For more information visit: here
About the Rex J Lipman Fellow Program
Forty-two Fellows have visited St Peter’s College since the Rex J Lipman Fellows Program was established in 2011. The Fellowship is named in honour of Old Scholar Dr Rex J Lipman AO ED OLH ONM (SHT ’39) who generously remembered the School in his Will. Through his support, leaders and scholars of international distinction have visited St Peter’s College to contribute to the School’s academic, intellectual and cultural life.
During their time at St Peter’s College, Fellows:
• Present a substantial public lecture
• Present small seminars on a topic of interest to boys and staff
• Are available for consultation with staff and students of the School