Published on January 4th, 2013 | by webadmin0
St Peter’s College 2012 Year 12 International Baccalaureate Diploma Results
Dear Members of our School Community
A short time ago the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results were released and I am very pleased to be able to advise that our boys achieved wonderful results.
Indeed, there were many exceptional individual achievements within a framework of outstanding results overall. Congratulations in particular to Yanning Xu and Christopher Ovenden, both receiving 5 merits, an IB score of 43 and an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 99.95 – the highest possible result.
- All 34 students gained their IB Diploma
- 53 Merits – a Merit represents a perfect score of seven – were awarded
- The average score out of a possible 45 was 36.59 which is the equivalent of a SA ATAR of 96.36
- 26% of all grades were a 7
- 60% of all grades were a 6 or 7
- 94% of all grades were a 5, 6 or 7
- Yanning Xu gained 5 merits (99.95) – IB score of 43
- Christopher Ovenden – 5 merits (99.95) – IB score of 43
- James Allen – 4 merits (99.85) – IB score of 42
- Harry Colovic – 3 Merits (99.85) – IB score of 42
- John Vrodos- 3 merits (99.85) – IB score of 42
Of the 34 students:
- 2 (6%) students gained an ATAR of 99.95
- 9 (34%) students gained an ATAR of 99 and above
- 15 (44%) students gained an ATAR of 98 and above
- 23 (68%) students gained an ATAR of 95 and above
- 33 (97%) students gained an ATAR of 90 and above
By any judgement, the IB Diploma is very demanding and these results cannot be achieved without sustained hard work and dedication over a two-year period. Our School Community can take great pride in what our boys have achieved and our congratulations and thanks are extended to the boys, staff and parents.
Mr Simon Murray