Published on May 5th, 2016 | by St Peter's College0
St Peter’s College reconfirmed as an Apple Distinguished School
Having first been granted Apple Distinguished School status in 2013, St Peter’s College is proud to announce that it has been reconfirmed as an Apple Distinguished School for 2016 and 2017.
With biennial tenure, Apple Distinguished School status is a significant and sought-after title that recognises Schools’ excellence in the application of technology to learning and teaching.
As only a dozen or so Schools are awarded Apple Distinguished status in the Australia and New Zealand region, this is an affirmation of the School’s innovative processes and teaching staff.
Rather than simply being granted to any school that purchases Apple devices, Apple Distinguished status is judged on merit through a rigorous application process that evaluates Schools’ performance against the following five criteria:
- Visionary Leadership
- Innovative Learning and Teaching
- Ongoing Professional Learning
- Compelling Evidence of Success
- Flexible Learning Environment
In awarding this title, Apple makes special recognition of the fact that the School:
- has three Apple Distinguished Educators on staff (an unusually high cluster);
- is active on the iBookstore where several teacher-authored textbooks have been published to wide acclaim;
- features ground-breaking technologies embedded into flexible learning spaces;
- has outstanding, creative and productive student engagement with technology; and
- has itself developed an innovative digital platform for its many internal and external processes
During the coming two-year designation, St Peter’s College will engage with the professional community of other Apple Distinguished Schools, host educator visits and participate in professional learning with like-minded innovators in education.