Published on September 19th, 2016 | by St Peter's College0
St Peter’s College Wellbeing Program features at 5th Australian Positive Psychology and Wellbeing Conference 22 September to 24 September, 2016
Over 400 people will attend the country’s leading academic conference on wellbeing this week being hosted in Adelaide. St Peter’s College will present six times at the 5th Australian Positive Psychology and Wellbeing Conference organised by the Wellbeing and Resilience Centre in the Mind & Brain Theme at the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI) 22 September to 24 September, 2016, held at Hilton Adelaide.
The conference brings together leading research across wellbeing and this year will focus on various topics including Education, Communities, Organisations, Public Policy, Neuroscience & Health. St Peter’s College presentation include papers delivered by Dr Mike Oliver (School Psychologist), Dr Mathew White (Director of Wellbeing & Positive Education) with Professor Lea Waters and Dr Margaret Kern (University of Melbourne) :
- A free public Fran Kelly Q&A session focusing on Resilient Learners on Wednesday 21 September 2016 at the Adelaide Town Hall.
- Academic Growth and Wellbeing: Advances in Evidence Following the Implication of Whole-School Positive Education Strategy
- Applications of Christopher Peterson’s Strengths-Based Approach with Students
- Using Appreciative Inquiry and Organizational Virtues to Support Positive Change
- Why Won’t Wellbeing and Positive Education Stick in Public Policy
- Enough Hours in the Day: The Role of Sleep in Conceptualising Adolescent Wellbeing
St Peter’s College will present alongside leading international academics including Dr Ilona Boniwell (l’Ecole Centrale Paris), Professor Kim Cameron (University of Michigan), Dr Héctor Escamilla (Tecmilenio University), Professor Felicia Huppert (Well-being Institute at the University of Cambridge) and Professor Lea Waters (University of Melbourne).
Details about the conference can be found here: http://www.positivepsychologyandwellbeing.com/