Published on December 19th, 2012 | by webadmin0
St Peter’s College Year 12 SACE Results
I am genuinely delighted to be able to announce the excellent results achieved by our Year 12 boys who studied the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) this year. The boys themselves will, I am sure, be thrilled that their hard work and dedication generated such good outcomes.
For me and for the whole school community, it is especially pleasing that nearly every one of the 133 boys who sat SACE exams passed and received an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) and thus, is eligible to undertake tertiary studies. This is a wonderful achievement for boys and teachers alike.
Two students, Andrew Nguyen and Mont Do-wyeld, gained an ATAR of 99.75. Both students received the highest possible score of four A+ grades. Andrew received four Subject Merits, and Mont received three Subject Merits.
In addition to those individuals’ achievements, the overall results are impressive:
Average ATAR of 81.1 with a Median of 84.4
- Seven students (5%) gained an ATAR of 99 and above
- 14 students (11%) gained an ATAR of 98 and above
- 27 students (21%) gained an ATAR of 95 and above
- 48 students (37%) gained an ATAR of 90 and above
- 79 students (61%) gained an ATAR of 80 and above
- 32% of grades were A standard (compared to a State average of 20%)
- 81% of grades achieved A or B (compared to a State average of 55%)
- 99% of grades were A, B or C (compared to a State average of 85%)
- There were 29 scores of A+, the highest possible, of which 22 were Subject Merits
High achievement as reflected in SACE results is indeed worthy of note but I also want to pay tribute to those boys who worked hard and tirelessly throughout the year to achieve a personal best. That too is fantastic.
I take this opportunity to thank our staff who provided all boys with significant support and guidance throughout the year.
We also look forward to the publication of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results in early January 2013.
I wish you and your family a safe and happy Christmas.