Published on January 4th, 2017 | by St Peter's College0
Year 12 IB results for 2016
This morning the 2016 International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results were released. I am pleased to share with you the excellent results of the St Peter’s College cohort.
There were 33 students who undertook the IB Diploma in 2015-2016. The overall performance of the Year 12 students was outstanding. Five students gained 40 or more points out of a possible 45 and Andi Lu gained 43 points, resulting in a South Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 99.95 – the highest possible result.
Six of our students received a Bilingual Diploma. This is an impressive achievement considering they studied the majority of their subjects in their second language (English).
A summary is detailed below:
- The average score out of a possible 45 was 34.3 (which results in average ATAR of 93.00). This compares very favourably with an international average for IB students of 29.9.
- 30 Merits were awarded, which is for a perfect score of 7.
- 15% of all grades were a 7.
- 48% of all grades were a 6 or 7.
- 86% of all grades were a 5, 6 or 7.
Of the 33 students:
- 1 (3%) students gained an ATAR of 99.95
- 4 (12%) students gained an ATAR of 99 and above
- 7 (21%) students gained an ATAR of 98 and above
- 14 (42%) students gained an ATAR of 95 and above
- 26 (79%) students gained an ATAR of 90 and above
These results reflect two years of incredibly hard work from our boys as well as the care, expertise and efforts of their teachers and parents.
I know that you will join me in congratulating these IB students and will be able to speak with pride about their achievements.